Visa Launches the First of its Kind Digitally Integrated Airport Privilege Program in Asia Pacific
• Replaces traditional one-dimensional lounge program with a comprehensive digital solution to create a unique and seamless “total airport experience” for Visa cardholders
• Visa signs three-year exclusive partnership with DragonPass
Visa announced the launch of “Visa airport companion” program. This program, the first of its kind in Asia Pacific, offers Visa cardholders a complete airport experience via a digitally integrated mobile platform. The Visa airport companion program is a comprehensive digital solution to create a unique and seamless “total airport experience” for Visa cardholders who can gain access to exclusive privileges and discounts to amenities and services at the airport such as lounges, restaurants, spas, retail, limousines and meet & greet services. The platform includes in-app payment, card verification, smart recommendations and push notifications. Visa has signed a partnership with DragonPass, one of the fastest-growing lounge providers in the world.
TS Anil, Senior Vice President, Head of Products, Asia Pacific, Visa said, “Airports are fast becoming commerce hubs, with growing number of travellers, retail stores and spend. About 7.5 billion people are expected to pass through an airport in 2019 with expected sales of about $60 billion at airports1 . Besides airport lounges, F&B establishments are most frequented across all traveller segments, followed by shopping2. Visa is constantly exploring ways in which we stay ahead of the curve in bringing value to our cardholders. Visa airport companion program provides Visa cardholders a one-stop shop to enjoy the various offerings on a digital platform.”
Kehui Cai, Chairman of DragonPass, said, “DragonPass is excited to be a strategic partner of Visa to jointly offer an unprecedented digital proposition that provides Visa customers exclusive access and privileges across a full suite of amenities and services in airports globally. Our program aims to address every travellers’ touchpoint to ensure a seamless and significantly more enjoyable travel experience thereby driving enhanced customer satisfaction and loyalty.”
The Visa airport companion program includes the following advantages:
- A total airport experience (cardholders)
- In the past, offerings were provided by different service providers through various platforms such as physical cards, telephones, online booking etc. Now all these offerings are available on one single digital platform.
- Digitally integrated mobile platform (cardholders)
- The Visa airport companion program comes with a mobile app that lets cardholders manage their membership, make payments, receive smart recommendations or simply enjoy the airport services at the touch of a button. Visa APIs are integrated into the mobile platform to allow seamless verification on card and program eligibility.
- Customisable package options (card issuers)
- The modular digital platform provides card issuers the ability to scale and select service modules to meet varying card propositions or tactical campaigns. The program is fully customisable and allows issuers to tailor programs at individual cardholder level. The app is also customisable and can be co-branded or white-labelled.
As an introductory offering, Visa Infinite cardholders can enjoy a complimentary membership until May 31, 2017, whereby they can enjoy up to 20 percent discount at 200 dining outlets in key Asia Pacific airports, and discounts to purchase single lounge passes.
For more information, please see attached factsheet. Terms and conditions apply and these are available at www.visa.com.sg
1 Verdict’s Global Airport Retailing Report, 2013
2 Visa Global Travel Intentions Survey, 2015
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions, and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments. We operate one of the world’s most advanced processing networks — VisaNet — that is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second, with fraud protection for consumers and assured payment for merchants. Visa is not a bank and does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations, however, enable its financial institution customers to offer consumers more choices: pay now with debit, pay ahead with prepaid or pay later with credit products. For more information, visit https://usa.visa.com, visacorporate.tumblr.com and @VisaNews.
Founded in 2005, DragonPass Company Limited (NEEQ:835868) is one of the fastest growing providers of travel benefits and services in the world. Through its innovative smart airport online platform and mobile solutions, DragonPass serves over 10 million members worldwide and provides a suite of services including lounge access, airport restaurant program, limousine and concierge services. Its expanding global service network covers lounges and restaurants in more than 120 countries and over 450 airports and railway stations. The combination of DragonPass innovative product offering and technology platform creates a unique experience for end users, driving branding and user engagement for its corporate partners. For more information, visit http://en.dragonpass.com.cn.